When my new range was installed in the kitchen, there must have been some sort of error with the wiring. Well, it is not really even a new range anymore, as it has been over a year since I had it installed. I need to hire an electrician in Clifton NJ. I guess it just took awhile for a situation to arise where the faulty electrical wiring actually became apparent, but it could have led to my house burning down. I am really glad that didn’t happen, but it could have happened.
It has to believe that this happened to my range, and it is even harder to believe that the issue did not present itself sooner than it did, but I guess that I don’t use all 4 burners on my stove at the same time very often. It might be even more than that it takes to trigger this to happen. Well, I don’t recall using 4 burners any more recently than when I almost set my house on fire, but I guess that if they were all on and they were set to low, then it might not have happened. But as it were, I had all four of them on, and they were all set to high, because I was trying to make a big family meal, and I was making multiple dishes at once.
But anyway, after a few minutes of the burners being on high, the range went off, and there was a terrible smell of smoke in the kitchen. It turns out that the electric box underneath the range had melted, and it is a good thing that it did not catch fire. I had to finish cooking the dinner on the grill, using the side burners to heat the pots. It was pretty inconvenient but at least the house didn’t set fire.